How to replace a dishwasher upper rack height adjuster
This dishwasher repair guide video shows how to disassemble and replace the height adjuster on a dishwasher upper rack. The height adjuster lets you raise and lower the dishrack. If a wheel bracket is broken, the dishrack sags on one side. Height adjuster replacement kits contain new adjusters for both sides of the rack.
You can buy the Dishwasher Dishrack Adjuster in our store at Appliance Parts Canada from our team of spares experts that have a vast knowledge of the domestic appliance industry and will help you find any part you need and get it to you as fast and cheap as possible. Please email us for spare availability.
DD82-01121B Dishwasher Dishrack Adjuster
- This dishrack adjuster (part number DD82-01121B) is for dishwashers.
- Dishrack adjuster DD82-01121B lets you change the height of the dishwasher's upper rack.
- Wear work gloves to protect your hands when installing this part.
- Part Number: DD82-01121B
- Category: Large Kitchen Appliances
- Weight: 0.26 lbs
- Dimensions: 5.12" x 3.15" x 1.77"
- Replaces Part #: 2983167, AH8690520, AP5736133, B00GTV8F2E, DD97-00119B, DD97-00120B, EA8690520, EAP8690520, PS8690520,
Adjusting the Height of the Upper Rack
You can adjust the height of the upper rack in your Samsung dishwasher so that the lower rack can accommodate larger sized dishes. Depending on where you set the upper rack height, the lower rack can accommodate plates up to 12 in. (30 cm) in diameter and the upper rack can accommodated plates up to 8 in. (20 cm) in diameter.
1. To lower the upper rack by 2 in. (5 cm), pull the adjust handles located at the left and right sides of the upper rack, and then push the upper rack downwards slightly at the same time.
2. To raise the upper rack, just pull the upper rack upwards. The adjuster handle will latch and the upper rack will move to the high position.
Warning: We recommend adjusting the height of the upper rack before loading dishes into the rack. If you adjust the rack after loading the dishes, you may damage the dishes. If you do not adjust with left and right handle together, the dishwasher door may not close properly. Pull out the upper rack from the tub until it is fully revealed before adjusting the upper rack.
Removing the Upper Rack (For Some Models)
You can remove the upper rack to accommodate extra large items in the bottom rack. Take care that you do not lose the holder rails during this process.
1. To remove the upper rack from the slide rail, pull the upper rack out from the tub until it is fully extended.
2. Hold down the holder rails on both sides to release the upper rack. Slide the upper rack out to the end of one holder rail, and then lift it up.
3. Repeat the steps above with the other holder rail.
WANT TO GET IN TOUCH? You are welcome to contact us by email sales@appliancepartscanada with inquires or through our contact form. We are always here to help!
LOOKING FOR SUPPORT? If you're having any troubles or don't know what to do while purchasing appliance parts or accessories through our store, then call us toll-free: 1-800-451-9832